Monday, October 18, 2010

The best is yet to come

Binhi sang Pagtuo

October 18, 2010

Dear Friends,

Greetings!

Today is my birthday. I expected it to be trouble-free but starting yesterday I encountered some great surprises. I got a big surprise last night when we arrived from Negros (I preached at La Carlota Evangelical Church, and celebrated my pre-birthday with the Baptist Men and family). When I opened my bag, my laptop is gone. It was probably stolen in Iloilo pier when we disembarked. It was raining hard and I have my hands full carrying another bag. I still have two months left to pay it in full.

When we went inside our house, we found out that the satellite box is broken probably by the big lightning that hit our vicinity. Early this morning when I arrived at the office, the LAN card of my office laptop is broken. And to top it, I notice a lot of bird droppings in the windshield of our car. What will come after this mid-morning? I don’t know but I am ready for it.

Here is my reflection:

First, let me answer these famous statements – “when troubles come, they come in bundles” “when it rains, it pours.” With faith, I dare say “Let it come for I believe that my God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. God will never leave me nor forsake me. God will supply my needs according to His riches and glory.”

I pray that Christians will hold on to the promises of God when troubles come to our lives. As Paul reminds us, “nothing can separate us from the love God in Christ Jesus.”

My Maninoy Rev. Ronny Luces wrote me, “I will still greet you a happy birthday even though your laptop was stolen because joy is not based on the possession of material things but on things that are eternal.” How true indeed!

Second, it is so easy to be pessimistic but we really need to be optimistic. My sister texted me last night after I informed them that my laptop was stolen. She wrote, “the best is yet to come.” We need to continue to be hopeful in spite of the negative things that are happening around us.

Jesus told us a story about great hope. It was about a farmer who sowed seeds. Some fell in the way side and birds ate it up; some fell in stony places where there is little earth and when it sprung up, they were scorched by the sun because they have no root; some fell among thorns and they were choked; but others fell into good ground and bore good fruit, some hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

This story is about our perspective that “the best is yet to come.” The success of the farmer was 1 out of 4. But it brought forth many folds. The seed of faith (Binhi sang Pagtuo) was planted in us. Let it be that we also must plant seeds of faith in the hearts of people even if it is 1 out of 4. Something good is bound to happen when we just plant seeds.

May God bless us all!

Sincerely,

Pastor Francis Neil G. Jalando-on

No comments:

Post a Comment