Monday, March 22, 2010

I am a Promise, I am a Possibility

Binhi sang Pagtuo

March 22, 2010

Dear Centralians and Friends,

Greetings from the campus!

Last March 17, the CPU Kindergarten held its graduation program. As I watched my son Kairos received his diploma, I am overjoyed to note that the theme of the graduation ceremony is “I am a Promise, I am a Possibility.” Before the program ended, all the graduating kinder students shouted the theme with smiles on their faces and twinkling in their eyes that gave the audience an assurance and hope that indeed with the grace of God, our children will some day realize their God-given potential, and be what God intends them to be.

In return to the kinder graduates’ declaration, I asked myself what should I do to help make their statement a reality. What flashed in my mind was a song I learned during my college days. It is a song that continues to challenge me to be involved in what is happening around us. Here’s the song:

PUSONG LIGAW ISIPAN AY NAG-GAGALA
WALA NANG DATI NIYANG TUWA, KAWAWA
NAKALULUNGKOT KUNG SIYA’Y
IYONG PAGMAMASDAN
NGUNIT MARAMING GANITO SA ‘TING LIPUNAN

SISISIHIN ANG ATING PAMAHALAAN
SA GANITONG KALAGAYAN
NGUNIT ANONG GINAGAWA NG SIMBAHAN
TAYO BA’Y TUMUTULONG O TAGA-PUNA NA LANG

BUHAY KRISTIYANO’Y
DI HALLELUYAH LANG
MAGING BAHAGI KA
NG PAGTULONG SA LIPUNAN
MANALANGIN AY TAMA DIN NAMAN
LALO NA’T MAY GAWA
AT DI LANG SA SALITA

GANO’N ANG GINAWA NG ATING PANGINOON
SA MGA NAGDARAHOP SIYA ANG TUGON
SA KANILANG MGA PANGANGAILANGAN
ABOT ANG KANYANG TULONG
SA MAGDAMAG MAGHAPON

PROBLEMA MINSAN SA ‘TI’Y SA MALAYO NAKATINGIN
IBANG BANSA’Y GUSTONG MISYUNIN
HINDI NAMAN MASAMA KUNG ATIN ‘TONG GAGAWIN
NGUNIT SANA NAMAN UNAHIN ANG BANSA NATIN
You can listen to the song at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qRxqW8j-Mg

May God bless us all!

Sincerely,

Pastor Francis Neil G. Jalando-on
Assistant Chaplain

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chaplain's Office Website: http://www.cpu.edu.ph/chaplain
Audio Sermons of Binhi sang Pagtuo: http://binhi.4shared.com
Blog: http://cpuchaplain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment