Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Binhi sang Pagtuo

January 4, 2010

Dear Centralians and Friends,

Happy New Year!

After much eating during the Christmas break, a lot of people put losing weight on the top of their New Year’s resolution.

As Christians, the words of St. Paul can be our New Year’s resolution – “Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”

As the new year starts, let us be reminded on some of the radical demands of Jesus upon his disciples. Let me personalized this so that we can feel the challenge of Jesus’ words:

I will let my light shine before all people.
I will become a salt of the earth.
I will walk the extra mile.
I will deny myself and pick up the cross.
I will love my enemies.
I will let my yes be a yes, and my no a no.
I will serve God and not money.
I will not be a hypocrite. I will get rid of the speck in my eye before I will deal with the speck on my friend’s eye.
I will be a good tree that produces good fruit so that I will not be cut down.
I will not worry about my clothing, food, and drink. I will seek the kingdom of God above all for God will give me everything that I need.

And from Paul:

I will do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility I will consider others better than myself. I will look not only to my own interests, but also to the interests of others.

May God bless us all!

Sincerely,

Pastor Francis Neil G. Jalando-on
Assistant Chaplain



No comments:

Post a Comment